ONLINE AND DISTANCE PROGRAMS (Synchronous online courses) THAT WORK WITH YOUR LIFE
Our extended learning programs offer a flexible way to continue your education from where you live. Whether you are looking to pick up a couple of online courses or earn a degree, we offer programs that are completely online, online with some courses offered synchronously via Zoom (Distance Programs), or a combination of online asynchronous and synchronous courses (Distance Programs).
OUT-OF-STATE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN AN ONLINE DEGREE
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. If you reside outside of North Dakota and would like to take online courses from MSU, please visit the State Authorization page.
Please pay careful attention to the programs available in your state. Non-teaching licensure Online and Distance degree programs are open to residents of most states and areas.
If you are in a state other than North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming, you will need to speak with a Mayville State University advisor to determine BSED in Elementary Education, BSED in Early Childhood Education, BSED in Special Education, BSED in English Education, BSED in Mathematics Education, BSED in Physical Education, and Master of Arts in Teaching program availability for residents of your state. For more information, please see: https://mayvillestate.edu/msu-online/state-authorization/.
ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAMS
Earn your bachelor's degree from Mayville State University online! Mayville State offers a number of online courses, credentials, endorsements, and academic programs. You can remain near home, work, and family while earning a four-year degree that opens doors to exciting career opportunities.
You can take online courses on a full- or part-time basis, as your schedule allows. Mayville State instructors are experienced educators committed to personal attention and student learning. Mayville State University is a fully-accredited public university with more than 130 years of history in preparing teachers and other professionals.
Online Degrees Through MSU Online Programs
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Graduate Certificate in Online Digital Teaching
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Nursing Leadership & Management Graduate Certificate
- B.S. in Accounting
- B.A.S. in Business Administration
- B.S. in Business Administration (combination of online classes and scheduled, synchronous courses required)
- B.S. in Agribusiness
- B.S. in Biology
- A.A. in Business Management
- Business Studies Certificate
- B.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Education (combination of online classes and scheduled, synchronous online classes required)
- B.S.Ed. in Elementary Education (combination of online classes and scheduled, synchronous online classes required)
- B.A. in Early Childhood
- A.A. in Early Childhood
- B.A. in English
- B.S.Ed. in English Education
- B.S.Ed. in Mathematics Education
- B.S. in Mathematics
- B.S. in Nursing
- B.S.Ed. in Physical Education
- B.S.Ed. in Special Education
- B.U.S. in University Studies
- A.A. in Liberal Arts: University Studies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Biotechnology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Online Digital Teaching
- Undergraduate Certificate in Special Education
- Library Minor and Credential
- Kindergarten Endorsement
- Anatomy and Physiology classes
- Physics Classes
- Science Lab Classes
- Essential Studies (General Education) Classes Available Online
Online minors are available as well. These include:
Library Media & Information Science
Early Childhood Education
Science for the Elementary Teacher
Special Needs Generalist
*Course rotation is subject to change.
*Pre-requisites and co-requisite course schedules must be followed.
*Some courses are contingent upon admission to Teacher Education.
*Distance students are required to make daytime hours available to complete in-school field experiences. (All student field placements are arranged by Mayville State University.)
*Students must meet Mayville State University graduation requirements.