Welcome to Mayville State Counseling Services!
Welcome, MSU students! We are happy you have chosen to take a step toward your mental/emotional health and overall well-being.
Mayville State University Counseling Services provides a confidential setting in which students may explore concerns of a personal or academic nature; makes referrals; and serves as consultants for faculty and staff. Students in counseling can explore a variety of concerns which may prevent them from functioning at their optimum levels.
The mission of the Mayville State University Counseling Services is to encourage individuals to develop their unique potential by providing services and programs in a supportive and confidential environment.
Mayville State University Counseling Services are sensitive to the needs of students of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnic groups, ages, and ability, and are LGBTQIA affirming.
Mayville State University Counseling Services works to provide quality counseling services to meet the unique needs of todays’ students. In order to maximize available resources and provide the most amount of care to meet students’ counseling needs, the services provided operate within a short-term or intermittent model of individual treatment as space allows. The primary goal of these clinical services is to provide students with appropriate mental health care and assist with personal development. Clinical services include initial assessments, individual counseling, consultation, psycho-educational programs, and referral to community resources when appropriate.
Mayville State University Counseling Services encourages students to schedule an initial assessment appointment to determine the best response to their needs. The decision about whether or not the needs of the student fall within the scope of practice of these services will be made after the initial assessment appointment. The professional judgement of the counselor will govern this determination. When a student’s needs require a more intensive level of care than can be provided by the University’s Counseling Services, the counselor will help the student transition to resources outside the University.
What Counseling Can Do
- Address mental health concerns.
- Encourage Personal development.
- Teach coping skills and stress management.
- Improving self-understanding and interpersonal relationships.
- Improve time management and routine building.
- Developing realistic academic, career, and personal plans.
- Hours of operation:
- Academic Terms:
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Classroom Building 108D
Stan Dakken Drive
Mayville, ND 58257
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 701-788-4772