Financial Obligation Agreement
The Student Financial Obligation Agreement (FOA) is an understanding of the legal obligation of the student to pay charges assessed to his/her Student Account. The FOA should be read thoroughly by the student to fully understand what they are agreeing to and for what they will be held accountable.
Open the FOA HelpSheet on the bottom of the page for step-by-step assistance to view the FOA hold, as well as how to accept or decline the FOA. If you decline, a hold preventing enrollment in classes will remain on your Student Center throughout the current term.
For review, please find below the terms of the agreement:
By registering for courses at an institution (or institutions) within the North Dakota University System (Bismarck State College, Dakota College at Bottineau, Dickinson State University, Lake Region State College, Mayville State University, Minot State University, North Dakota State College of Science, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota, Valley City State University, Williston State College):
* I understand that I am incurring a legal obligation to pay all charges assessed to my Campus Connection account by the due date, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees, housing charges, and late payment fees.
* I accept full financial responsibility for each registered course, including those I may add after this initial registration for the term and understand that I am personally responsible for payment of all sums when due regardless of my eligibility for financial aid or other financial assistance.
* I understand that I must sign this agreement only upon initial enrollment each term and that adding additional courses for the same term may increase my financial obligation. I assume full responsibility for any additional charges and will check my Campus Connection account frequently to ensure that I am aware of any additional charges.
* If I expect financial aid or a third party to pay all or part of my financial obligations to my institution(s), I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all requirements for disbursement to my student account. I also understand that my financial aid may be adjusted due to eligibility and agree to pay back to my institution(s) any amounts for which I am ineligible under financial aid regulations.
* I acknowledge that non-attendance or non-participation does not relieve me of financial responsibility for the courses in which I am enrolled.
* I understand that I must adhere to my institution's procedures for dropping or withdrawing from courses, whether I have attended these courses or not. I may drop some, but not all courses, through Campus Connection. I understand that, if I intend to withdraw, I should not drop any courses and must instead withdraw using the appropriate process and through the appropriate office required by my institution(s). I further understand that I will be fully responsible for my financial obligation to my institution(s) for those courses, in accordance with my institution's refund policy.
* I understand and agree that if I fail to make timely payments, I may be assessed late fees on the outstanding amount, I may be restricted from future registration, my transcripts and/or diploma may be placed on hold, and I may be denied other campus services.
* I understand and agree that my account may be referred to a collection agency if I fail to make timely payments, and that I will pay all collection costs associated with such a referral, including but not limited to attorney fees, collection agency commissions, court costs, and other fees.
* I understand and agree that my financial obligation to my institution(s) constitutes an educational loan to assist in financing my education and therefore, is not dischargeable under the United States Bankruptcy Code, Section 523 (a) (8).
* I authorize my institution and its respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding my account, including repayment of charges, at the current or any future number that I provide for my cellular phone or other wireless device using automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages.
* I understand and agree that my authorization to enroll in courses at this institution is expressly conditioned upon acceptance of all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.