A complete admissions file includes:
a completed Mayville State University Application for Admission - Apply online
a non-refundable, one-time $35 application fee. No admissions decisions will be made until the application fee is received.
- official transcripts of all previous academic work from each institution attended. These must be sent directly from the institutions and must show all courses attempted and grades earned. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
Why do I need to submit an official transcript from each institution which originally issued me credit? We want to know as complete a picture as possible of each applicant's academic career, and also:
- Obtaining an official transcript lets us know that you are not financially indebted to some other institution.
- Sometimes transfer credits lose grade information, or course titles change.
- Transcripts can and do change over time (grades are revised, degrees are added/revoked).
- Transcripts contain more information than grades (i.e., degrees or certificates, accreditation, suspensions, dismissals, etc.)
a completed university immunization form. For anyone born after 1956, proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella must be supplied by official documents. This applies only to on-campus students.
effective fall of 2012, all newly admitted students ages 21 and younger who are residing in campus housing must provide documentation that they received the meningococcal disease (Meningitis) vaccination.
an official high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED. This is not required of applicants who have earned 24 or more semester hours of transferable credits.
- results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is only required if you have earned less than 24 semester hours of transferable college credit. (Waived to Summer 2023).