The first-ever Mayville State University Alumni Association and MSU Foundation alumni and friends trip to Italy is planned for Sept. 16 to Sept. 26, 2017. The Italian adventure will begin in Naples and end in Florence. Mayville State University President Dr. Gary Hagen and his wife, Debbie, will host the tour, and all Mayville State University alumni and friends are invited to join in this trip of a lifetime.
To view and download a detailed itinerary, along with cost information and the registration form, go to www.mayvillestate.edu/italy. Those who are interested are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Space is limited and reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tour highlights will include:
- The amazing Amalfi Coast with visits to Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello;
- Visit to Pompeii and the excavations of this ancient town;
- The highlights of Rome with the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon;
- Entrance to the Coliseum and visit to the sites of Imperial Rome;
- The Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel
- The Tuscan landscapes with the city of Montepulciano and the Chianti Region;
- Siena and the medieval village of San Gimignano;
- A cooking demonstration to sample the local Tuscan cuisine;
- Wine tasting in the Chianti region;
- The charming villages of the Italian Riviera in the Cinque Terre;
- Florence, the Renaissance capital of Europe with a visit to the Accademia with the statue of David from Michelangelo.
Brekke Tours and Travel of Grand Forks is coordinating all travel arrangements for the Mayville State University Italy trip. If you have questions, you may contact them at 1-800-437-5302 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may contact the Mayville State University Office of Alumni Affairs at 701-788-4750 or email@example.com.