ARP Act

HEERF III

The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP Act)

The third round of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II) funds were authorized by Congress in the 2021 American Rescue Plan Act which was signed into law on March 11, 2021. Mayville State University will use 100% of the student portion of the funds received under the ARP Act to provide Emergency Grants to students. Approximately 70% of these funds have been distributed to students for the fall 2021 semester, with the remaining 30% of funds to be used for emergency grants to students in the spring 2022 semester.

HEERF QUARTERLY REPORTING 10.8.21

EMERGENCY GRANTS TO STUDENTS

Total Funds Available

Date Application Submitted

Date Application Approved

Date Funds Drawn Down

$777,992

NA

NA

08/24/2021

Guidance indicated that “institutions are required to prioritize grants to students demonstrating exceptional financial need, such as those who receive Pell Grants, when awarding relief grants.” This ARP round also allows grant awards to international students and students exclusively enrolled in distance education programs.

Mayville State University agreed that all currently enrolled (as of 9/17/21), degree-seeking students would be a cohort given consideration. Pell-eligible students were identified as the students with exceptional need. We then had a second category of all other degree-seeking, enrolled students.  We did not give consideration to credit-load, they just had to be degree-seeking and enrolled.  We determined that a total of 896 students were eligible. Distributions were processed on October 5, 2021. The break-down of the groups is:

Pell-Eligible (with FAFSA)

Award Amt

Total

303 students

$650

$196,950

All other degree-seeking enrolled students

Award Amt

Total

593 students

$585

$346,905

 

 

 

TOTAL HEERF III funds distributed to students 10.5.21

 

$543,855

 

Students were sent an email to their Mayville State University email notifying them of the disbursement. Students who did not have direct deposit established were mailed a check to the address on file with the Business Office.

Mayville State University’s allocation of HEERF III ARP Act is not expended and we will give more relief grants to students in Spring 2022.