You've worked hard to get this far. Now let us help you.
Online Scholarship Applications:
- New Students
1. Honor, Leader and Non-Resident Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are for new freshmen and transfers and will be awarded based on a review of students' previous academic performance. Students do not need to submit an application for these academic awards, but must submit their ACT/SAT results and their high school and college transcripts to be considered. These scholarships are offered and awarded by the Admissions Office. Honor and Leadership Scholarships are generally awarded to students from North Dakota and Minnesota and vary from $500 to $2,500. Non-Resident Merit Scholarships are awarded to students from other states and provinces and will vary from $600 to $2,400 for 2015-16, depending upon the student's state of residence and previous academic performance.
North Dakota and Minnesota Residents
WUE and Other Non-Resident
2. Endowed MSU Foundation Scholarships: Scholarships designated for specific academic divisions are awarded by that designated division. Scholarship applications received by the February 15 deadline are sent to division chairs for their review and determination. Other scholarship recommendations are made by the Financial Aid Committee. A listing of all current MSU Foundation scholarships can be found at "Browse all Scholarships."
3. Renewals of Diversity Waivers: Students are required to apply each year by completing an application available from the Student Services Office in Old Main 107 or online at Cultural Diversity Waiver form. Students must have maintained a cumulative institutional grade point average of at least 2.00 to be considered for a renewal. Recipients of diversity waivers may be required to reside in campus residence halls.
4. Renewals of International Student Waivers: Students are required to apply each year by completing an application available from the Student Services Office in Old Main 107. Students must have maintained a cumulative institutional grade point average of at least 2.50 to be considered for a renewal. Recipients of international student waivers must also reside in campus housing during the terms in which they receive a waiver. Fill out the International Student Waiver form.
5. Renewals of Non-resident Student Tuition Waivers: These do not require a new application each year, but the student recipients must meet specific academic performance standards. Students who are residents of any state, other than North Dakota or Minnesota, will be eligible for non-resident tuition waivers. Students who attain an institutional grade point average of 2.5 - 2.99 after the spring term will be considered for a half-waiver, while those students with a 3.00 - 4.00 GPA will be considered for a full waiver.
6. Participation Scholarships: Scholarships are available for those students who participate in music and theatre. Participation is the only basis for eligibility.
7. Other Scholarships: Scholarships from external groups are available and students are encouraged to apply. Information is provided via e-mail as these scholarship opportunities become available.
8. Dollars for Scholars: Dollars for Scholars awards are frequently awarded from students' local communities and students should contact their local high school. Mayville State may match the Dollars for Scholars award received during the student's initial year of enrollment by awarding a renewal scholarship for up to $250 for his or her second year of enrollment.
9. Dual Credit Scholarship: This unique scholarship program is available only to those students enrolled in dual credit high school courses offered through Mayville State.
10. Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship: The Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity that is meant to help non-traditional students achieve their goals. The assistance is especially geared toward those individuals who may be changing their paths in life or those pursuing changes in careers. A special emphasis of the scholarship is to promote the concept of volunteerism, leadership, development and out-of-classroom experiences for the scholarship recipients.
Click here for more information or to apply for the Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship.