Continue your education at MSU.

You are a transfer student if you have attended one or more post-secondary institutions after high school graduation (other than MSU). You must be in good academic standing at your previous institution and if you have less than 24 transferable credits, you must also meet the admissions criteria for freshmen applicants.

Mayville State University has a variety of scholarships available for students who show potential in the areas of academic achievement, leadership and participation in other activities.


In order to be considered for admission, transfer applicants must meet the following requirements:

  • be in good academic standing (not on dismissed or suspended status) at the most recent college or university you have attended.
  • have a minimum GPA of 1.70 at the conclusion of the semester in which the total number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches 24 semester hours; or a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the conclusion of any semester in which the number of institutional and transfer hours attempted reaches or exceeds 64 semester hours.

Transfer applicants who do not meet these requirements may be evaluated on an individual basis. If you have earned less than 24 transferable credits, you must also meet the criteria for the freshman applicant.

A complete admissions file includes:

  • a completed Mayville State University Application for Admission - Apply online

  • a non-refundable, one-time $35 application fee. No admissions decisions will be made until the application fee is received.
  • official transcripts of all previous academic work from each institution attended. These must be sent directly from the institutions and must show all courses attempted and grades earned. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
  • a completed university immunization form. For anyone born after 1956, proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella must be supplied by official documents. This applies only to on-campus students.

  • effective fall of 2012, all newly admitted students ages 21 and younger who are residing in campus housing must provide documentation that they received the meningococcal disease (Meningitis) vaccination.
  • an official high school transcript or proof of successful completion of the GED. This is not required of applicants who have earned 24 or more semester hours of transferable credits.
  • results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is only required if you have earned less than 24 semester hours of transferable college credit.

New Comet Checklist
Articulation Agreements
Course Equivalencies

Admissions Links:

Immunization Form
Housing Application
Apply Now
Next Steps

Minnesota residents:

To receive the Minnesota reciprocity tuition rate, you must complete the reciprocity application at