Now accepting applications for Spring semester!
Are you a working RN who wants to become a nurse at the baccalaureate level?
Check out Mayville State's online program! This completely online RN-to-BSN program is for current RNs and offers flexibility and affordability for adult learners.
- 3 to 4 courses per semester when enrolled full-time
- Courses blocked in 5-week fashion
For more information, call the nursing program administrative coordinator at 701-788-5289.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program prepares licensed registered nurses for a career in the healthcare environment. Building on previous nursing education, the RN-to-BSN curriculum is offered online with two plans of study to meet the needs of the working RN. Graduates of the RN-BSN program are prepared for expanded roles in healthcare that demand critical thinking, complex decision making, effective communication and professional leadership skills.
The mission of the RN-to-BSN Nursing Program is to educate nurses to serve clients, health care systems, and the profession of nursing by leading and managing care and contributing to advancement of the profession. The learning environment educates the baccalaureate nurse generalist to build on previous learning and is characterized by personalization, collaboration, and integration of technology that promotes lifelong student learning, pursuit of graduate studies, and development as a professional nurse. Students will engage in scholarship that supports the development of critical thinking, creative problem solving, and innovative leadership in care delivery. Students will embrace professionalism and professional values in the care of individuals and populations across diverse cultures, ages, and environments.
Through professional preparation, interprofessional collaboration, and advanced nursing education, the vision of the nursing program is to be known for continuing academic excellence, positively impacting the health of individuals and populations across diverse cultures, ages, and environments advancing nursing knowledge and responsiveness.
This completion program meets the needs of the working RN to become a nurse at the baccalaureate level.
- The two path system and courses offered online creates flexibility for adult learners.
- Students will be able to take three to four courses per semester each in a five-week block, with the exception of one ten-week clinical course.
- Prepare nurses to fulfill baccalaureate nursing leadership roles within the complex health care system, who consistently embody professional values.
- Provide a foundation that encourages ongoing education and prepares for advanced nursing degrees.
- Promote among graduates a commitment to addressing the health care needs of the citizens of North Dakota.
- Recruit and retain qualified and diverse students committed to academic excellence and professional development.
- Recruit and retain qualified faculty who contribute to the university, the profession, and other arenas through activities associated with education, service and scholarly endeavors.
- Implement educational strategies and practices conducive to the personal and professional development of students.
- Career advancement
- Nursing Leadership in Healthcare
- Pursue a graduate degree in Nursing
Click here to see what Mandy, a student enrolled in the RN-to-BSN program, has to say.
Nursing Program Fact Sheet
Admission Criteria for the RN-to-BSN Program
Programs of Study
RN-to-BSN Program Student Handbook
Nursing Program Application
The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Mayville State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the CCNE is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.