These sessions are part of the Accessible Comet Courses Badge Program.
- Thu, Aug 19 - 1:00 to 2:00 pm in the LQR
- Wed, Sep 15 - noon to 1:00 pm Heritage Room: Brown Bag
- Tues, Oct 19 - 10:30 to 11:30 am in ED 122
- Thu, Nov 18 - 2:30 to 3:30 pm in the Heritage Room
- Mon, Dec 13 - noon to 1:00 pm in the Heritage Room: Brown Bag
In these sessions you will walk through the details of your courses' Accessibility Reports and solve existing problems to help raise your Ally scores and earn those badges!
Are you teaching in an Active Learning Classroom (ALC) and wondering how to make the most of it? Schedule an ALC Tour with Jeni Peterson and discover how to seamlessly integrate the technology with your teaching strategies.
November - December: UBN- Robert will meet with Divisions to demonstrate UBN.
Whether you are new to teaching online or looking to make some improvements, we designed these 45- minute webinars from basic topics to advanced. All webinars will be recorded and emailed to you after the session. Even if you can’t attend live, please register so you can receive the recording.
Please check website for upcoming webinars.
As a supplement to this series offered by Blackboard trainers, Robert Davis will hold follow-up sessions on the dates listed above to answer any questions that may arise.
- Building Relationships with Students - activity based workshop on how to build relationships with students.
This series is still under development. The following resources are also available to you for professional development in this area.
MSU’s subscription to SafeColleges provides access to these self-paced, online courses which support campuses in their efforts to be inclusive:
Implicit Bias and Microaggression Awareness (21 minutes)
Making Campus Safe for LGBTQ+ Students (22 minutes)
- Making Schools Safe and Inclusive for Transgender Students (19 minutes)
To login to SafeColleges, enter firstname.lastname into the box labeled username.
The following is a list of 20-Minute Mentor Videos available in the Magna Publications dashboard. Please visit the CTL website for more information on how to access these videos and other Magna resources.
- How Do I Go Beyond the Basics of Universal Design for Learning? Thomas Tobin
- What Teaching Strategies Help Engage All Learners Online
- How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
- How Can I Infuse Equity into Any Online Class?
- What Learning Activities Help Student Veterans Succeed?
- How Do I Include Introverts in Class Discussions?
Magna Publications subscription expires December 31, 2021.
The following is a list of online, self-paced courses offered by Infobase Learning Cloud. Please visit the CTL website for more information.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Supporting Diverse Learners
- Building Relationships Among the Latino Students, Parents, and the School
- African American People: Communications, Perceptions, Behaviors and Beliefs
- Students of Color: Pivotal Educational Experiences
- Influence of Slavery and Oppression on African American Students
- Factors Affecting Success of Native American Students: History, Culture and Globalization
- Communications Between Latino and Majority Communities: Cultural Perspectives for Increased Success
- Aug/Sept - Each Division Chair meets with CTL to discuss course reviews.
- Sept - CTL meets with each division to demo course review process
- Oct, Nov, Dec - CTL updates Division Chairs
Nov 8 to 12
To subscribe to a podcast, consider downloading a podcast app such as Podbean, on your mobile device.
- Inside Higher Ed Podcast
- Enrollment Growth University: Higher Education Podcast
- Faculty Focus Live Podcast
- The Higher Ed Marketer
- Higher Ed Now
Wednesday, Oct 20- 1:00-2:00 pm via Zoom: Introduction to Qualtrics
Join Chris for an introduction to Qualtrics and how to create a simple survey. For branching questions, set an appointment to meet with Chris individually.
ITS and CTL are teaming up to teach Teams to our divisions this semester! Each division may contact ITS to schedule a Teams training session. In the meantime, please check out the videos linked below which were recorded by Microsoft trainers.
- Intro to Teams Part 1 – Communicate, Collaborate, Customize
- Intro to Teams Part 2 – Parts of a Team, Channel Optimization, Settings, Q&A
- Teams – Level 100 – Pre-meeting planning, in-meeting experience, post-meeting follow-up, next steps
Thu, Sept 16
New Assignments Feature
Wed, Sept 22
Using VoiceThread for Assessments
Mon, Oct 4
Humanize Your Online Course using VoiceThread
Aug 19 -10:30 to 11:30 am in Library Quiet Room - YuJa Updates and Q&A
Sept 23 - 2:30 to 3:20 pm - via Zoom - YuJa Analytics
Oct 26 - 1:30 - 2:20 pm via Zoom YuJa Analytics and Organization
Nov 16 - 9:30 to 10:20 am via Zoom - YuJa Cleanup and Prep for Next Semester