VoiceThread (VT) is a web-based, asynchronous communication tool that can be used to enhance the online experience. VoiceThread supports the following uses:
- Narrate a presentation with audio and/or video
- Transform discussion boards from text only to audio/video.
- Promote individual commenting on the topic via voice or text
- Students can interact with the material and with each other via audio, video and/or text
- Students can critique themselves and each other using the comments feature
- Individual and Group Reflection
- Students can create their own content
- Collaboration tool for students and faculty
- Assessment tool for instructors to evaluate and critique student submissions.
- VoiceThread Basics
- Using VoiceThread in LMS Assignment Submission
- Watch VoiceThread Assignment
- How to Comment on a VoiceThread
- Commenting Assignment
- Create a VoiceThread Assignment
- How to use the VT mobile app
To Login and Use Your VoiceThread Account
To use your VT account, you must first click on a VoiceThread link in Blackboard. The best practice is to create a link in the course you think you will use VT. If you're unsure, you can always hide the link.
Teaching and Learning Examples
- Syllabus Overview
- VT Helps Humanize an Online Course
- An Audio/Video Discussion Forum
- Radiology Case Study