February 22. 2018
The Mayville State University presidential search committee interviewed presidential candidates February 20 and 21 over the interactive video network (IVN) at the Mayville State campus to narrow the list of 12 candidates to five.
“Our committee was very impressed with the breadth of experience and high caliber of our candidate pool, which made narrowing it down to the five semi-finalists a challenge,” Mayville State Presidential Search Committee Co-Chair Andrew Pflipsen said. “We are excited for the candidate’s upcoming visits and introducing them to our students, faculty, staff, and the greater Mayville State campus community. We are confident that through these visits and campus conversations with our constituents both on and off campus, we will be able to identify a leader that will be able to build upon the great foundation that has been established over the last 12 years and take Mayville State to the next level.”
The semi-finalists will be invited to campus between the dates of March 5 through 7 to meet with the search committee as well as meet with a broad base of internal and external constituency groups. The search committee will solicit feedback from faculty, staff, students and all other stakeholders before the final meeting of the search committee scheduled for March 8. The finalists who will proceed to the next interview stage include:
- Dr. Tom Corti, vice president for student affairs, Farmingdale State College, SUNY, Farmingdale, New York. See Tom Corti curriculum vitae.
- Dr. Bernell Hirning, interim associate vice president and associate regional dean, National University, Fresno, California. See Bernell Hirning curriculum vitae.
- Dr. Timothy O’Keefe, dean, College of Business and Economics, Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia. See Timothy O'Keefe curriculum vitae.
- Dr. Keith Stenehjem, vice president for academic affairs at Mayville State University, Mayville, North Dakota. See Keith Stenehjem curriculum vitae.
- Dr. Brian Van Horn, associate provost, Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky. See Brian Van Horn curriculum vitae.
The search committee will recommend a group of finalists to the State Board of Higher Education, which will conduct final interviews on the Mayville State campus March 28, with the selection of the next Mayville State University president announced thereafter.