Autism Awareness Day
Apr 02nd - All Day
Mayville State University Campus - 330 Third Street NE, Mayville, ND
The students in EDUC 388, Autism Spectrum Disorders, are marking Autism Awareness Day. People are encouraged to wear blue.
- Autism affects 1 in 88 children.
- Boys are five times more likely than girls to have autism.
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
- Autism prevalence is growing.
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism.
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding received by many less prevalent childhood diseases.