Please follow the admission requirements that are outlined in the freshman requirements below. Because Canadian students are international students when attending MSU, you are also required to fulfill additional requirements for admission. An I-20 will be issued for successful border crossing once you are admitted to MSU and all additional requirements are met.
Admission Requirements for Freshmen
As of 1993 all incoming freshmen are required to meet specific subject or core curriculum requirements. The North Dakota University System College Preparatory Core Requirements include the following:
4 units of English;
3 units of Mathematics, Algebra I and above;
3 units of Laboratory Science, at least 1 unit each in 2 or more of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or
Physical Science; and,
3 units of Social Studies, excluding Consumer Education, Cooperative Marketing, Orientation to Social Science, and Marriage/Family.
A limited number of students who have not had the required high school courses may be admitted. Contact the Office of Admissions for further information.
A complete admissions file includes:
• A non-refundable fee of $35 USD
• MSU application for admission
• An official high school transcript. This should be sent from your high school or provincial education office to the Office of Admissions, Mayville State University, 330 Third Street NE, Mayville, ND 58257.
• Provide copy of a valid passport.
• A completed university immunization form. For anyone born after 1956, proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella must be supplied by official documents. Effective fall of 2012, all newly admitted students ages 21 and younger who are residing in campus housing must provide documentation that they received the meningococcal disease (Meningitis) vaccination.
• Results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). This is required of students 24 years of age or under.
• If you have received credit(s) from another college/university, ask them to mail an official and complete transcript, showing courses attempted and grades earned to Office of Admissions, Mayville State University, 330 Third Street NE, Mayville, ND 58257. Transcripts must be signed by a school official and contain the official school seal.
Additional Requirements for all Canadian Students
• Pay a non-refundable administrative processing fee of $100 USD to MSU. To pay your administrative processing fee, contact the Mayville State Business Office at 701-788-4757.
• Complete the Canadian Financial Statement which shows proof of finances available for study in the U.S. Provide verification of funds in the form of a letter signed by a bank official.
• A SEVIS I-901 processing fee paid to the appropriate government agency.